Last modified: January 22, 2020
- Non-Personal Data We Collect
Here is a list of the information we collect:
- The date and time of your visit to the Website;
- The pages you visit on the Website;
- The time you spend on each page;
- Your actions on each page. For example, if you click a button on the page;
- The type of device you use to visit our Website. For example, are you using a tablet or mobile phone?
- Your device’s IP (internet protocol) address. An IP address is a string of numbers that identifies a device on the internet. It does not identify the person using the device;
- Your device’s operating system. For example, many PCs use the Windows operating system. Many Apple computers use a version of iOS; and
- The browser you use to visit the Website.
We use tags, beacons, and cookies to keep an eye on Website traffic. They tell us things like how people get to our Website and if they have visited before. We also ask web service providers, like Google Analytics or Hubspot, to tell us about all of our Website traffic.
- Personal Data We Collect
- A name and address;
- A password
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your LinkedIn and Twitter handle.
- How We Use Personal Information
We will use the information we collect about you through the Website:
- To fill out a profile for the user (similar to Linkedin or Facebook). Your user profile may be displayed to other users of Localvest;
- For security;
- To make sure the Website works the way it is supposed to;
- To improve the Website;
- To make the Website easier to use (for example, we will keep the information you have entered so it does not need to be re-entered);
- To contact you (for example, to give you technical support or to tell you what’s new with Localvest).
- How We Protect Your Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. Here are some of the steps we take to protect your privacy:
- Information we have about you is stored on protected computers. We limit and track who can see this data;
- We limit who is allowed to see the information that could directly identify you; and
- We will tell you if there is a serious data breach.
We take data security seriously. We use commercially reasonable systems and procedures to protect the data we collect from you through the Website. For instance, your information is password-protected, and we use secure servers and SSL certificates. These systems and procedures help us prevent loss, theft, and misuse of your information. They help us prevent data breaches. Still, no matter what we do, we cannot promise that the data we collect from you is completely secure. There is a chance that your data could be compromised. We believe the risk is very small, but it is not zero.
- When and Why We Disclose Data
We will disclose (give out) data that we collect through the Website only for legal reasons. Other than these reasons, we will not sell, rent, lease, give or share your data without your permission. We may give out your information if we are required to by law. Otherwise, we will not give out data in any civil, criminal, administrative, legislative, or other proceedings. In cases where the law says we are required to give out information, we will try to give out as little data as possible. We will try to protect your privacy as much as we can. Whenever possible, we will tell you if we have to give out data.
- Retention of your Data
We plan to implement automated deletion processes to remove personal data after a set period of time when it no longer needs to be maintained for a purpose that we believe serves our member’s best interests, as long as we are not required by law to retain it. Notwithstanding, you have rights and choices about your information. For example, if there is an error in the data we collect from you, you have the right to ask us to fix it. You can stop using the Website at any time. Additionally, you may also request the deletion of all or any part of your data at any time.
- Collection of Personal Information from Children
Our Website is not directed to children. Nonetheless, if we inadvertently collect personal information from a child 13 years of age or under, their parents always may review, or request that we delete their child’s information, or refuse to permit the further collection or use of it. Parents may send their preferences in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we will retain a child’s personal information for only as long as is reasonably necessary for us to fulfill the purpose for which the information was collected. After that, we will delete the child’s personal information using commercially reasonable measures to ensure it’s been securely destroyed.